By the Numbers: Pumpkins
It’s the time of year where we see lots of pumpkins. Impress your friends and family with these little known facts about pumpkins this season.
- There are over 47,000 acres of pumpkins harvested in the United States each year.
- Eighty percent of the pumpkin supply in the United States is available in October.
- Over 90 percent of the processed pumpkins in the U.S. are grown in Illinois.
- The world record for “Punkin Chuckin’” is 4483.51 feet, set in 2008.
- During the week of Thanksgiving, Costco sells more than 1.5 million pies. Over one million of those are pumpkin pies.
Sources: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Punkin Chunkin Association, Costco
It’s always fun to learn something new! At the Campus Towers, the premier apartments in Jacksonville, Florida, we love to provide you with fun, thought-provoking facts that will make you reflect on different aspects of life.